Thursday, December 29, 2022

Made It!

I was among the lucky ones who managed to get ahead of the storm that crippled many parts of the US and Canada last week.  Spent about 9 hrs at the airport and thankfully caught the 2nd last flight out of New York.  Had I missed it; would have meant missing my connection here in Canada. The realities of travel sometimes during the winter holiday season.

The flight was excellent; 100% due to the rockstar of a cabin steward.  I've already written in complimenting him as he needed to be recognized for his professionalism, proficiency, ability to juggle many things at once alongside connecting with people.  I love watching excellence in action.  It was a joy to be in his presence.  

Each year I receive "above and beyond" certificates to give to cabin crew or telephone agents from Delta but I had already used all of mine.  He deserved all of them.  What a wonderful way to cap off a long day and the last international flight of the year.

We haven't been spared from further delays here at home with our subsequent plans to head out west.  No matter -- We found out before we left for the airport and having an extra 3 days at home has meant good times here.  There aren't any down sides as I am reminded every day how fortunate we are when all options are good.

Here's wishing that 2023 brings some needed resolutions around the world and a renewal of hope and joy to the many torn and traumatized people in our global family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment