Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mish Mash

Because of the differing travel markets, I'm not hearing much news/updates regarding the Chilean volcano eruption outside of airline sites.

It has been going on for a month now and the ash spewed is still very significant with regards to air travel. The impact to the country is strong. I'm afraid world weather disruption is now the new normal.

My business has moved into "summer mode" which usually means slower work levels. I'm actually taking 3 weeks off not til August but my mind has already started to switch to vacation setting.

This is also the first month of my semi-retired work week. It hasn't sunk in yet. I'm sure it will by the end of July. Funny enough, I'm looking at our budget differently, more conservatively, "just in case", when there isn't any real reason for it. Natural protective instinct, I'm guessing.

We went to the drive in twice over the Canada Day long weekend and saw 4 movies. It was a lot of fun.

The amount of mosquitoes were ridiculous! The car was swarmed. So much so I didn't even want to leave the car to pee. I am one of those people when bitten, the bite swells up like a large welt and I am miserable for days. Plus they seem to love me.

So this summer, despite not liking putting chemicals all over me, I am using the strong mosquito repellent stuff. All the organic products used in the past haven't worked well enough for me. I've had enough of the bites and the suffering that come along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment