Thursday, May 19, 2011

Extra Long Weekend

After what has felt like getting one's teeth pulled, I have gotten one contractor to look at our sunroom roof and window. No quote yet, didn't bother to get up on the roof and it has been 1 1/2 wks.

Next week is our third quote attempt. (Remember our first quote never materialized with no phone call.) Hopefully this company will be a bit more professional. Otherwise D and I will be learning how to do it ourselves...and I'm serious about that.

I updated our NetworthIQ listing this morning and the numbers have dropped by about $11K as the markets have taken a bit of a beating. I had no real sense of the size of the drop until I plugged the numbers in. Numbers can be so harsh!

We haven't been up to the cottage since our dead tree was removed (hope that has been done too!). This is a long weekend for us Canadians and mine starts today as I'm off til next Tues.

It is also D's annual attempt at opening it. Crossing fingers and toes! Also keeping them crossed for decent weather. We'd like to go to the drive in one of the nights...yummy french fries and onion rings...

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend! You said the magic words, "drive in". I can't believe I hadn't thought of that yet. Around here on long weekends there are movie marathons with four movies in a row-so pumped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks psychsarah! Hope you had a fantastic time there too. We went on a regular night, so only 2 movies this time but munched on both french fries and onion rings so all was well!

    ReplyDelete