Monday, December 13, 2010

Getting Ready

It has been a time of numbers, numbers and more numbers in our household. Cash flow at the end of each year tend to be tighter than usual due to my finishing work early when our regular bills are still the same.

There are an assortment of one time bills due the first of Jan in the tune of a few thousand mostly for my work (I refuse to pay the penalty associated with making a couple of payments instead of one lump sum).

And despite not having more a couple of people to buy for Christmas, the Visa statement always seems more inflated than usual. I'm probably in denial over a few line items.

I have one more busy work day left and my holidays will start. The weekend consisted of some light packing and cleaning. I like coming home to a clean house and most if not all of our ski gear is already out there so we travel pretty light.

We've already done our last minute grocery shop for canned goods to bring out west with us so I can avoid grimacing at the thought of paying $2.95 for a simple can of chicken noodle soup.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure when you and D are leaving but have a great holiday season out west skiing. Merry Christmas and all the best in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue!!!

    We're here now. Thank you so much for the holiday wishes. Double amounts to you!

    2010 was an amazing year for you. I cannot wait to see what you have in store for 2011.

    ReplyDelete