Thursday, November 4, 2010

No Go

No go on Sweden. Didn't receive a response from the owner of the apartment I would like in time to take advantage of the seat sale. Maybe something else neat will come up.

I'd like to go to London as well. We connected via Heathrow on route to France so I have a bunch of change in pounds sterling left which beckons me to return for a proper trip to England.

D knows of a couple who works for 4 -5 years in a highly technical field making decent amounts of money and then sells everything. They take off and spend a year abroad living in different countries.

The idea intrigues me. What a way to combat attachment in your life. I love it. I think I'd be a good candidate for it. D wouldn't be I think because he likes his stuff and he likes to have a home base. Renting out the main house for a year would be more his style.

The perennial subject of selling the cottage came up again while we were away. I think it is time to let go so that the next cool thing will have room to come in. D would like to keep it for a couple more years.

We have agreed that should I wish to list it on the market in the spring, he would not interfere. Second, he will head up while I'm away next to finish up all the odds and sods so as to be show ready for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment