Monday, September 27, 2010

Much Lighter

This was one of those weekends where I remembered just how fun it was to be spontaneous. It also meant some money got spent. Nothing really grand got bought, just some clothing, shoes, sunglasses, dinner out, all reasonably priced.

My allowance money has been building up the past couple of months as I've had no time to do anything fun and exciting outside of eating out.

I bought a pair of classic black leather pumps. Something I've been keeping an eye out for over the last year. I saw them at Nine West, tried it on and bought them in under 5 minutes. It was one of those things where I just knew. If all shopping could be so easy and quick.

D got some great deals at Mexx and a pair of sunglasses suitable for running to replace his ailing pair.

We are planning to go to an amusement park next. Maybe some roller coasters could shake the kids out of us! It has been years and I cannot wait to eat all the junk food!

The fall colours were starting to show up in cottage country. We will be back up for Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks and will take a drive to take them in. It had gotten down to single digits (Celsius) this weekend and I actually had to turned the gas fireplace on.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't fall the best time of the year and especially in cottage country with the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizzie!

    Of course you can! Didn't know you were a fan of roller coasters!

    Hi Sue!

    It is my favorite time of year. I don't mind the cooler temperatures and love the crisp air and beautiful colours.

    Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roller coaster nutcase. As are husband and kids (which is useful). Eldest sons girlfriend however is not and so is facing an unpleasant initiation at some point.
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lizzie!

    I can just imagine the poor girl's face and guess what her stomach would be feeling at the thought!

    ReplyDelete