Thursday, July 8, 2010

Time Out

I took last night off. D and I both needed it and throwing a small dinner party was as good an excuse as any. Though the topic of work did come up, it was a relief not to be doing any work for a change.

Reminded me of what my non work life was like again. You know what? I enjoyed that dinner party so much more because of how hard I've been working. It was neat to feel so intently enjoying myself.

The mystery of the last cheque will reveal itself today. One cheque or 2? Who knows? I've budgeted for 2 anyways as I do not expect them to do me any favours at this point.

The community paper where our ad was placed didn't arrive yesterday as I had expected. If it doesn't show up today, I'll be calling to see what the delay is all about. I also haven't been charged for it yet so not sure what is going on.

The next Bank of Canada rate announcement isn't for another 1 1/2 weeks and there is talk out there supporting a slower rate of increase as markets have been dropping. I've budgeted for it rising so it will be a nice surprise if they don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment