Thursday, December 3, 2009

Over The Shock

I've picked myself up from the tax shock of yesterday and have started to form a plan.

The most likely scenario will involve cashing in one of my stocks that have done well and putting into my rsp. I am considering liquidating 50% of my holding.

It will still mean I'll owe taxes but it will be in the lower end of 4 figures. I can live with that. Should I liquidate it all, I'll still owe a very small amount. There is value is keeping the stock so I'm leaning towards a mid way approach.

In other news, I think I may have found rims for my car. If it works out, I will buy them.

I've also taken pictures of some things I want to sell. There may be enough time to test out the market before we leave for holidays. It will also depend on how cooperative photobucket is. I've found them to be hit and miss.

2 comments:

  1. I just completed tax return for my husband for last year and found it was even worse than i though, we dont even break even. I was kidding myself but no more. I think I am weirdly envious of your need to pay taxes!! (but dont worry, my own taxes are awful too, which i suppose is good!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizzie!

    Yes, as much as I complain, having to pay taxes means I have an income and that is something to be very grateful for!

    ReplyDelete