Thursday, July 16, 2009

Jumping

For the first time in recent memory, I do not feel as if I will be missing out if I don't "jump" at an opportunity.

For most of my life, I would not have believe that. I was one who felt the need to "jump" at things for fear that I would miss out or I would tell myself that the timing was "meant to be" or was "perfect".

On a spiritual level, I do believe in following my gut for pivotal or "big" things. But respect to spending money, I am now able to make the distinction. I used to buy things out of worry that if I didn't, I would lose out. (silly to me now, but true!) I would react to airline seat sales in a similar way.

Because of that, I have seen many great places, own some great things and am happy to have done so. Now that I have a relatively short timeline to being completely debt free, those trips and prized possessions are going to hold me until that time where I can jump at seat/stuff sales again as a financially free person should I still wish to.

No comments:

Post a Comment