Thursday, July 23, 2009

Country Living

Not feeling great last night or this morning. May have had some bad Baileys at a dinner party last night -- meaning it had been open and sitting in the bottle too long.

The dinner was held at a friend's home -- a restored stone farm house on about 50 acres. We went on a small hike after dinner as I have never seen the rest of the property before. It was gorgeous and once in the rolling woods, it reminded me of parts of Colorado, northern Ontario and Vermont at the same time.

I wonder if it is in the cards for us to move into the country?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're not feeling well. But, dinner and hiking at your friend's home sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    Could you get used to the quiet country life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine;

    It would be the bugs that would likely bother me the most as well as the other critters of the night!

    Plus the increased amount of grass cutting that comes with acreage.

    Right now the cottage gives me the quiet and dark starry nights without the large amount of land so I guess we have a part of that already.

    ReplyDelete