Wednesday, December 17, 2008

So, what about 2008?

It is easy for me to feel like I'm not achieving enough. That I'm not paying off debt fast enough. I can be pretty hard on myself. To a lesser extent now but when I was younger, I wanted things at least a week before yesterday.

My husband, in an act of self preservation, decided to start tracking how much debt we had paying off since May '08 so that he would have some facts to pacify me with the next time I would start getting down about money.

I didn't know that he was tracking. What he revealed last night was that from the period of May '08 to yesterday, the amount we have payed down in debt is $34151. I wasn't in a down mood yesterday but he brought it up as an end of year "look how far we've come" surprise.

That's pretty cool I thought, and definitely in line with next year's projections.

2 comments:

  1. Good Work! Congrats! That was really thoughtful of your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'll let him know that!

    ReplyDelete