Sunday, November 9, 2008

Home

It's great to come home even after an absolutely fabulous trip. When I travel, I do my best to immerse myself into the local culture. It is my way of putting on a different pair of shoes for a while and seeing if I can walk in them. By doing so, I bring home new ways of thinking about life.

My life is composed of facets of different cultures and beliefs that make sense to me. Often, day to day life can blur into months and years with occasional punctuation but it is easy to follow the routine. It works and it is familiar.

As I find differences in people and cultures fascinating, I do not assume that my routine is representative of "best" practices. And because I live in a first world country where we are blessed with a myriad of choices, I consider it a duty to do so in a respectful and healthy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment