Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Artist's Date

I recently finished "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron. Personally I found it to be phenomenally inspiring. If you are looking to recapture your creativity again, I would recommend you give this book a look.

One of the many "to do" action items include an artist date. Once a week you do something fun, for a couple of hours by yourself as inspiration and on a broader note, as an integration into weekly life. Until I read the "assignment", it hadn't occurred to me that I had designated activities like this for vacation time. Why not part of everyday living?! It made so much sense that I had to laugh out loud.

I just came home from my 3rd artist date. Today's was an art exhibit of impressionist-like paintings of rural landscape done in oils--just beautiful. Not only do I come back with fireworks going off in my head because I am so inspired but it motivates me to pick up a brush and do something just for the sake of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment