Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Only Wed

Today feels like it ought to be Friday! The week has been so full with each day seemingly stuffed with 2 days worth of events in it.

Summertime is typically slower work wise for me. There is a natural cycle that ebbs and flows throughout the year I've come to appreciate.

In my ideal world, we'd be able to work less during the dark winter months when it makes sense to allow our bodies to hibernate.

Heck, it would be great if we could all work part time and still maintain a good quality of life. I can just imagine how much less stress and more health it could bring.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post, and i mean no disrespect, but here's a bit of a reality check. As of this morning the national debt was $14.4 trillion, and growing. Perhaps we baby boomers should put our collective brain power into finding a workable solution to this huge problem, without sacking our children, and grandchildren. We make be under the collective illusion that we're going to all slide into relaxing retirement lifestyles, but it's all going to come crashing down, unless we get our act together and solve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adam;

    No offense taken. In Canada, our national debt is significantly impacted by health care spending. As I work in health care, that's the angle I was looking at.

    Universal health care is expensive and a lot of the ailments plaguing baby boomers are preventable.

    I am not sure what we can do about stuff like military spending or social assistance spending. I guess I can just do my own part by staying employed and paying taxes.

    ReplyDelete