- I'm getting close to being ready to write about my time in Israel & Palestine. It is important to Palestinians and for those of us who stand as witnesses, to do so.
- I've been uncharacteristically clammed up about it. Any attempts to verbally describe what I saw to people still illicit strong anger. The concerns are so huge, I still don't know exactly where to start.
- Another valuable resource: Palestine Speaks: Narratives of Life Under Occupation by Cate Malek and Mateo Hoke. The intro astounded me as it is Dead On in its description -- Have pictures illustrating the initial progression. I had intended to read it before I left but didn't have enough time. Glad it worked out that way because reading it after has impacted me far more.
In regular news:
- Those of you who currently own or may end up buying cars that use nitrogen gas in the tires, a word of advice: There is a online directory of mechanic shops that supply it across Canada and the US. Good to know if heading out on a road trip etc.
- Or when you suddenly notice lack of traction during a turn in the rain or a tire looking limp -- We acquired a nail in one of our tires. And it was also great to find out that Costco tire centers offers nitrogen for free to its members. Finally, it is safe to put regular air in nitrogen tires.
- I have been addicted to Halawa/Halva since my return. I lugged 2 containers home from a small shop in Nablus and it has officially become my version of cocaine...I even use a super sharp knife to shave off ultra thin slices...Warning: Absolutely not low cal!