Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mish Mash

My allergies have been horrible this year. A wet and what feels like an extended spring may be a cause. My homeopathic remedy usually does the trick but I've had to resort to Claritin when it gets completely out of control.

On a much more fun note, there is an art exhibit I'd like to see this summer in Ottawa -- "Caravaggio and His Followers in Rome". The perennial summer issue is availability of weekend time. I am going to check into flying and staying for just one night.

The annual "Donkey Day" was last Sunday. As many of you know, I am a big fan of them. And the day helps to raise money and awareness for the sanctuary.

I haven't been in the frame of mind to look for another company to quote for replacing attic insulation at the cottage. It has been non stop for contractor contacts in the last month.

I'm tired of people not showing up and not responding when they say they will. When I feel mentally strong enough to tackle this job again, I'll resume. After all, I waited 8 yrs. Another year isn't going to kill me. The amount we've accomplished this year already is more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment