Monday, June 6, 2011

Home Maintenance

D and I had a really productive day yesterday. We were so into our garage door and surround painting, we managed to totally miss the men's French Open final and our talked about screening of X Men First Class.

The garage results are great, even though we are only at the first coat. We have a wooden garage door, so not only is it heavy but also requires a lot of prep -- scraping, sanding, filling, priming.

Managed to get a small sunburn at the back of my neck from it all. We were invited to a friend's house for dinner so it was great to get some good work in and not have to cook.

D's cottage spring cleaning went well. He worked extra hard this past week. I'm a lucky girl to have someone who is willing to do all that physical labour.

He told me that one of our neighbours up there discovered his well had run dry and was not a happy camper, to say the least. His is a 200 ft drilled well which translates into "expensive to replace".

I can only imagine how stressed I would be if it were me in his shoes. We had to replace our well 8 yrs ago because the pipe got clogged after a couple of decades but they just popped a new one in the same place.

Our next door neighbour had to try twice before finding water. I wouldn't want to find myself in a place where we had to consider a shared well situation. Not because I do not wish to help out a neighbour, but from a resale perspective.

I know I would hesitate to buy a property that had a shared situation, well or driveway, for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment