Sunday, May 29, 2011

Saying No

D and I decided to opt out of an event scheduled for today because he is just pooped. It's usually me as I have come to expect unlimited energy from D. We all have our limits.

I'm a bit disappointed to be missing out on this particular event because of the potential fun factor. Got me thinking of all the times (lots!) I've said no to things because I didn't want to put myself over the edge energy wise.

One of my girlfriends has great difficulty saying no. She will burn the candle on both ends to make things happen. For the longest time I was wide eyed with wonder at her endurance.

Unfortunately she has developed health issues recently that is hopefully going to have her slow down a bit in order to heal. Not surprisingly, she is not happy and is fighting it.

I see a lot of myself in her. I think we all can to some extent.

No comments:

Post a Comment