Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sharing Space

Well, it looks like I'll be moving offices again. In our search for new space ever since finding out our current building is undergoing zoning changes, we stumbled on a pretty incredible office sharing deal.

The person who is leasing the space is wanting to share it as it is not being used part of the time. Business wise, she works in the same sector as me so is complimentary.

Best part is the rent. She has calculated it based on amount used. That's pretty amazing. Because I work part time hours, my rent would be $500/month and I wouldn't even have to buy most supplies or clean.

I like the office very much. It's small and professional. Nicer than what I have right now and the location is much better. It wouldn't have been anything I'd sign up for myself because I would have found the entire lease too expensive but a share of it is amazing.

Ideally, I'd like to finish my career in this location. And she isn't going anywhere for a long time as there is a 2nd child on the way and her spouse is a prominent self employed professional in town. Plus they just bought a house.

Another visit or 2 and I may be inking a deal. My current lease is up at the end of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment