Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Getting All Teckie

It has been interesting observing myself through all of this, especially with respect to the technology stuff. My website is 90% complete.  I'm using a Wordpress platform this time. This part is fine. It's like blogging in some ways and I'm already familiar with that.

The Blackberry, on the other hand, has given me headaches. I'm still not understanding why some people are addicted to this technology. I cannot see it though I've been assured I will never go back to a regular cell phone after this. We'll see about that. Remember I'm the one that let her "pay as you go" plan and phone number expire.

So now we have it such that any online messages/requests from both my associate's and my site gets "pushed" to the Blackberry so everything is managed there. Plus copies of all messages are also sent to a back up mailbox for safe keeping, just in case. I can hardly believe I'm typing about all of this -- considering I don't even like working a sunroof in a car.

The nasty stuff at work has started. Little jabs here and there. Little road blocks here and there. So much for "working with you in your transition"... I was really angry yesterday for a few hours. Now I'm thinking I need to take a day off from all of this and do stuff on off hours when I don't have to be around that type of energy anymore. It's not worth it. My last day is a week from today.

2 comments:

  1. I've never used a Blackberry though my husband has one from work & my sister has one as well. It seems to be easy to use but people who have it seem to have their whole life on it & eventually cannot go anywhere w/o it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra!

    It may help if I go through their tutorial -- I haven't done it yet. I still see it as just a phone really.

    ReplyDelete