Monday, February 8, 2010

Stop the Whining

It looks like I will not be able to avoid having to shovel snow before D comes home from his trip. We have had such a mild winter, I was beginning to take if for granted. I have owned a snow blower in the past but now I go manual. Being on a corner lot with a driveway that can house 6 cars, there is a lot of area to cover. I do a pretty good job especially now that I walk, I am even more sensitive to sidewalk quality.

We know a number of people who come from fairly wealthy families ie. wouldn't have to work for a living wealthy. When money worries are not part of your life ever, I've found them to sometimes come across like they are insensitive to the everyday finances of "ordinary people". So their tolerance to being told "no, I cannot participate in that activity/trip/etc" can be low.

Sometimes they will whine or spring into a lecture about how they feel is the best way to do such and such and not realize that the person they are talking to already know that but are not able to execute plans in such an ideal way because of time and money constraints. I have even known such people to start complaining about the minutae because they just have too much time on their hands. I'm not convinced that I would want to trade places with them, even if it meant I would not have to work for a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment