Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Studies

I'm starting to conclude that I am not meant to be ballroom dancing with an instructor right now. Remember how I tried to get private lessons going in the summer and it not working out? There was an ad in the local paper recently and have not yet heard back from the instructor.

The library may be my answer. They just got in a 4 disc set of dance DVDs on the Rumba, Samba, Mambo and Cha Cha. I took a look at them yesterday and I'm going to give them a whirl. I've studied latin ballroom for 1 1/2 and don't wish to lose everything. There is a school in a nearby city where I know I can get lessons from. The only issue is the drive is twice the length as the lesson. Right now I cannot justify it.

Speaking of DVDs, I just got one from my professional licencing board. It is a new program whereby they will be starting to get a bit more picky as to the type and duration of continuing education classes we take each year. To the point where we would not be able to renew our licences unless we submit all the required workshop paperwork prior.

What this will translate to is more money will be spent on more categories of courses each year plus time logging everything. The logging part won't be new as that is part of bookkeeping anyways. I haven't spoken to anyone about these new requirements and really, unless you can afford to retire, what's the use of worrying about it? Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment