Monday, January 4, 2010

Fun Stuff

The last time we were at the grocery store we had lots of time to spare. So, we wondered along the book aisle. It was here where I stumbled upon an old love of mine -- the "Where's Waldo?" books.

They are awesome! I love that kind of stuff. So much so, I almost bought it. Then common sense came around and later I found a few at my local library. D isn't too keen on them. He claims they make him go cross eyed!

My travel planning and learning continues. I'm close to firming up my solo adventure for 2010. It will involve a lot of wait time at airports as I'm building in enough time to make it through all the new security stuff.

Lately, I've been considering bring back my birthday trip idea. I used to go somewhere each year to celebrate my birthday. My place of choice has long been Bermuda with my hotel of choice The Fairmont Southhampton Princess. It is adjacent to Horseshoe Bay beach. I go there instead of their private beach because I like it much better.

It wouldn't be Bermuda this year due to the sheer cost. Bermuda is an expensive island. So I'm thinking smaller... like a city break of some sort for 4 - 5 days... preferably to someplace I haven't seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment