Thursday, October 22, 2009

D's Work

I've spent a lot of time writing about what my work does to me. It wouldn't be nearly balanced if I did not mention how D feels about his work.

He is bored with his current job of 2 or so years. Having never stayed too long at any position, moving on doesn't scare him. His last position was too demanding and exploitative so he took on his first large corporate position.

It pays well and has pretty great benefits. But it is also pretty boring for him, utilizing barely 40% of what he is capable of. His brain is slowly turning into mush. The new position he has applied for will be helpful in this area, should he get it.

When we talk about our respective work, I long for less responsibility while he longs for more. I long to try something else despite the time, money and effort spent to get to where I am professionally. Sometimes it is hard to relate to each others' grievances.

On a different and fun note, D has enticed me with another car choice. A Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR -- a natural competitor for the WRX STi. He has decided that his next car will be the STi so he is thinking it would be great if I replace my aging vehicle with the EVO... and we can drive them out to here and have some fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment