Monday, September 14, 2009

Reading

I have been late getting started in this year's book club selections. One day, I'd like to make it to an actually meeting/discussion but for now, I get the list and read on my own. Lots that I would not have ever picked up. Some really great stuff.

This weekend, in between all the other stuff we had going one, I started reading the Twilight Series (non book club) for some light reading after finishing A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry. I've been hearing about it and decided to give it a go and not wait so long as I had for Harry Potter.

I don't like gore and horror stuff -- bad experience watching the Exorcist too young... but I couldn't put the book down (not really like that at all). The library had the 1st and 3rd books of the series and I was so taken by it (I swear, I thought I was going to have an ulcer/permanent gut wrench throughout the books) I ended up buying the 2nd and 4th books because I just couldn't wait. I was 11th on the wait list for the 2nd and 37th for the 4th.

I even went to get the movie out on DVD. Luckily I never saw it before I started reading because I probably wouldn't have. Hope the next movie is a vast improvement.

I'm going to donate my books to the library so the wait won't have to be so long for the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment