Friday, September 4, 2009

Diversification

I got a call yesterday from my investment advisor. We discussed selling 50% of a share I hold in my non reg (taxable) account when the stock rises to a certain point and investing it in something else.

There wasn't anything unusual about the call. It just reminded me of how D and I as a couple have chosen to diversify our investments.

I use an advisor. He doesn't. I invest in riskier things. He is a value investor. I like that we have taken different approaches because like most things, there are more than one answer and as a couple we get the best of both worlds.

The current economical changes have prompted us to look into no fee investing choices. We wouldn't have considered it nor thought of increasing our cash position otherwise. All in all we feel safer now financially than we did a couple of years ago.

At the risk of sounding terrible, I am happy that interest rates are low right now as I have debt to pay off, even though it mean my investments are not as high.

No comments:

Post a Comment