Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Burnout Recovery Plans

I am forgoing the purchase of my season's pass (ski) this year. D bought his yesterday (to take advantage of the early buying rate). I am giving myself one year to feel better, stronger and well again from my chronic burnout.

This move will postpone the scaring myself to death part in becoming a better skier for a year. My recovering nervous system is already thanking me for it!

I am looking forward to lounging out at the condo for 3 weeks and doing some of the other stuff available (snowshoeing, cross country skiing, snowmobiling, skating, tubing! etc.) if and when I feel like it, using the money for my season's pass that will be deposited into my "dream" account. I don't want to be forced into a learning schedule this winter.

I have a growing pile of catch up stuff waiting for attention -- Bookkeeping, mail, email, phone messages, professional course considerations. Not sure if I'll be getting to all of it today but I will do my best without ruining my day off.

On a side note, there are some artistic/architectural learning opportunities coming up courtesy of my local university and museum. I'm going to look into them some more. It may be just what I need right now.

4 comments:

  1. Right now time off to relax would be a huge luxury to me, so I understand the appeal of having a freer schedule. Is your honey cool with skiing alone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss M!

    Time is the ultimate luxury for me.

    Luckily, D and I pretty much ski separately now as he is willing to throw himself off cliffs and I am not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kick back and rejuvenate! It's gonna feel real good!

    ReplyDelete