Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Results?

Too many phone calls yesterday almost gave me a headache. The results?

With respect to the item purchased 1 1/2 yrs ago, technically, I was still covered under the extended Visa warranty, however, that matching warranty isn't identical to the manufacturer's one. Visa will not cover anything related to physical breakdown.

So, I asked the agent, what does it cover if not a breakdown? Did not, could not get a straight answer. I wouldn't have been calling if it was working... I couldn't think of a case where I would be wanting to put through a claim for something that was still working? So got nowhere with them.

I proceeded to call the store where I purchased the item and they were willing to entertain the idea of replacing it even though it is over 1 year old. I have since emailed them pictures of the defected area and am waiting for a reply. It would be great if it was solved this way. The item in question cost $1100 so not small dollars.

The next phone call was to another department of Visa travel services that dealt with baggage loss/delay which happened to me over Christmas for 5 days. Luckily I was going to my own place (ski condo) and there were clothing etc there but I had to buy another set of base layers because of my luggage delay.

It turns out they were willing to open a claim for me to get the money back. However, they needed a letter from Air Canada stating my baggage was delayed, the airline luggage stickers they put on when you check in, used boarding passes etc.

Well, I no longer have my used boarding passes nor luggage stickers nor was I thrilled at the prospect of calling the airline for a letter.

So consider warned. You will need to keep everything if you find yourself in a similar situation. If you do, you would be able to claim toiletries and various other expenses within 96 hours of baggage loss/delay. Good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment