Does having to save 1 million dollars in order to retire apply to you?
What do you think of the safe 4% draw a year so that you never deplete you savings?
There is a new spreadsheet in our household designed to answer the above questions. What we would like to know is:
- Can I cut back my Fridays before the mortgage is done?
- When can we afford to not work at all?
- What difference does another 2-3 years of work really make?
- What if we liquidate 1 or 2 properties, does that make really early retirement (40's) possible?
- Which of us would like to work til mid 50's?
By then, I ought to be skilled enough in other things that I can start a different business or move out west or out east and find something to do there. I think I will be ready for a change.
I've been on the hunt for things to learn/skills that would be marketable almost anywhere we would want to go.