Saturday, August 13, 2011

Back Home

I'm back and happy to have a few days to rest up before returning to work. Not being accustomed to summer european travel (I've only done it one other time), it was something to experience.

Normally I am a huge fan of airports and air travel but it was challenging this time around. I thought I was going to miss my flight at JFK as my connection was not showing on the screen so I didn't know which terminal I needed to go to nor did I realized I had to walk outside to find it after taking the airtrain making it necessary to go through (single line only!) security screening again...

Considering I was in more "out of the way" places than the standard "must do" countries the crowds surprised me. Had I not gotten such a great deal on this trip, I would not pay top dollar to travel at this time. Low season may not have the warmest weather but the lack of large groups makes up for it as does the lower costs.

One word-- Helsinki! My favourite place out of the group this time around. More trip notes coming up shortly.


No comments:

Post a Comment