Thursday, April 7, 2011

Interesting Turn

The mechanic's estimate for my car came to $1200 taxes in consisting of my rear brakes, a new battery, and a couple of tie rods with alignment after.

None of which are really pressing. I brought my car home to think about it and paid the $35 check up bill.

D gets a call from the mechanic yesterday inquiring if I wanted to sell my car as he has a customer looking for something his son can drive for the next 4 years at university.

This was a long time customer who trusted the opinion of the shop keeper who thought of us as he knew my car. We suggested a price of $2500 and I'd throw in my set of 4 Blizzaks (no rims) which are good for another season or 2. He said he was interested.

I felt pretty flattered. D thought it was a sign I needed to finally let go of my old car and move onto my next vehicle.

It made me sad to think of giving her up. Mind you, I was sad too throwing out my long time favourite pair of pants a month ago.

If I can muster up some time today, I'm going to test drive a few more used cars.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I get attached to cars too, but repairs can be so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan!

    I've been really lucky with mine over the years. Because of its age and mileage, it may be time to consider a newer and better model rather than prolonging the inevitable.

    ReplyDelete