Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Won't Miss This

My colleague and I have enacted a new change in our working relationship. He is now going to be responsible for his own bookings and will we getting their own business line.

Part of his rent he pays has included a fee for my administrative services as he wanted to use the same business line as me.

Yes, it is nice to have extra income but and it is a big BUT, the headaches that come with it makes it hard to justify.

I do believe we tend to attract people/friends/clients who are similar to us. As I am a control freak, my clients are mostly ones who book ahead, who aren't fond of surprises, who will give me plenty of notice if they need to make a change. Simply put, people who are respectful of my time.

He, on the other hand, is a last minute kind of soul and doesn't mind constant change so I get to talk to people who are indecisive, who have all type of drama crop up last minute, who forget where we are or which days we work...

No, I cannot say I'll miss the extra headaches or money. Since he is planning to move onto other businesses as soon as possible, I have long since taken his rental contribution out of my working spreadsheet and input pure rental income into my books on a month to month basis. It's just easier that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment