Thursday, March 31, 2011

Quick Decision Needed

This has been a social week with dinners and lunches out with friends and family. Since D and I started getting larger "allowances", these fun indulgences don't end up on the Visa statement.

With the small "c" chaos that is my office location these days, I am questioning whether I ought to postpone my next trip which is scheduled 3 1/2 weeks.

Part of me feels I need to be here so spread a calming influence and to maintain momentum. The other part says change is a normal part of life and nothing is going to implode, explode while I'm gone (hopefully).

Hearing about other friends' trips gets me all wanting to participate. A compromise would be to still take part of the time off and work the other part but hang out at the cottage.

I don't have a whole lot of time to decide. There will be a penalty for cancelling flights and hotels. And I will need to start booking in that time frame if I will be around.


  1. I wouldn't like to pay the penalty for cancelling. It would be hard to give up the trip you've looked forward to. Ultimately, I'm sure you will make the decision that is right for you.

  2. Hi Jan!

    I'm ashamed to admit it, but I have paid my share of cancellation fees over the years.

    It is hard to give something up you have planned for since Christmas.