Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Toys

It was a good thing we are eating our way through our freezer because the money we didn't use in our food account was needed to pay for some household supplies that all decided to run out at the same time.

Isn't that something? So no satisfaction of watching that account grow a bit. Well, at least we won't have to buy all that stuff again for a long while.

D got his bonus last week and he couldn't help but overhear numerous discussions around his work area of peoples' intentions with their money.

The number one item on peoples' minds were new large (60 inch) flat screen TVs.

I must admit, I have been wanting one (40" LCD) for movie watching in a different room for a while now.

D and I were at Costco yesterday buying all the household supplies mentioned above and I took a few minutes to look at all the TV choices.

I chuckled because if and when I do pull the trigger on a new TV (to replace my 19 inch tube one), it would be the 2nd TV I'd have ever bought in my life.

The same situation when I replace my current car. Now how many people under the age of 40 can say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment