Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Glitches

A business hiccup came today from Purolator. I was expecting a parcel again last Friday and didn't receive it. Saw the truck go by twice and the message on the tracking page said that my address needed to be verified.

The address was correct. UPS and Canpar made their deliveries just fine earlier. Forty minutes later, the driver was supposed to try again before 6pm. So I sat waiting for 2 hours and nothing.

Yesterday morning I was told all the info exchanged on Friday didn't get put into the system and that is why the parcel status was still the same. Not impressed.

The company that sent the parcel has bent over backwards to help me. They told me it was to be delivered yesterday. Purolator told me today. I told them I didn't care, as long as they were going to try again and not send it back.

It came yesterday. This was the first issue I've had with Purolator in 13 yrs. Not a bad track record at all, just not the most efficient handling.

2 comments:

  1. Well, nothing's perfect. If you've only had problems with them once in 13 years, that's not bad. Hopefully it doesn't happen again; I'm sure it was frustrating at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra!

    Now that the new driver has found me once, it will be OK. I think it was just the culmination of everything else that was going on that made it seem worse than it really was in the big scheme of things.

    ReplyDelete