Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Going Home

The first order of business I will do when I get back into the regular swing of things is to change back the frequency of our mortgage payments to bi-weekly. I had requested a change to bi-monthly to match my pay just in case D was unable to find work.

I've learned a lot of philosophical ideas from the Icelanders since I've been here. Also, I had no appreciation of what has happened to them financially as a nation either until I arrived, talk to people and read some periodicals. Once I get my head around it all, I'm going to dedicate a post or 2 about it.

I'm getting ready now to go home. It has taken a long time in transit to get here, to get back and I am very glad I made the effort. Now that I know how things work, it feels like another home base to me. Can't say when I'll return as there are other places I would like to see next but Iceland has a way of slowly creeping into you when you least expect it.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read your posts about the Icelanders! I can't say I know much about their financial situation. Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels, MW! I'm looking forward to your posts about Iceland and so glad it was such a worthwhile trip!

    ReplyDelete