Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Rise Up

I've gotten into the habit of waking up early. Mostly because D gets up early (6:30am) for work. At the start, I grumbled about being woken up as I work steady afternoons and chose those hours because I wanted to sleep in.

Now that I'm pretty used to it, I can definitely say I have become more productive. I write and read more. I've been a better friend as there is more time available to connect. And I get a lot of thinking time.

So my days end up being 16hrs long. My paid work starts when most work days are 50% over and it ends when most peoples' dinners are done. By the time my dinner is done and I've decompressed, it's nearly bed time again.

2 comments:

  1. "The early bird gets the worm" the saying goes. Glad it agrees with you. I am a morning person; just as well since my two little boys will wake me up at 6 AM anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra!

    I was thinking of all the moms out there when I was writing this post. I cannot imagine being awoken every 3 hrs or so all night long on top of having to be up early!

    ReplyDelete