Friday, March 6, 2009

No Speed Demon

I am far from an adrenaline junkie. D has no qualms about throwing himself down new terrain and laughs when he falls.

As for me, I have not such ambitions. I stick to what I have been introduced to from previous lessons and I am content mastering my technique over and over again. If anything, too much speed burns me out from a nervous system perspective.

We speculated that it has something to do with my inherent wiring. I am naturally more high strung and intense so it doesn't take much to send me over whereas D is naturally more laid back so he loves the more extreme type activities.

Over time just due to practice, I'm sure I'll be more comfortable with the steeps and speed but until then I listen to my stomach.

If it is starting to flop, I back off and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment