Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Retirement Goals

My retirement goals are the manifestation of my life goals listed earlier.

My work goals, also earlier, is what allows me to enjoy my life while I still need to work for money. A key decision that has allowed me to achieve my work goals is moving to a smaller city center. Life is more relaxed. Real estate costs a fraction of what is found in a major city center. It is easier to become debt free sooner.

I want to enjoy every aspect of my life in the meantime so that I can have a better idea of what I feel constitutes a great life and what aspects of it I'd like to keep around. I don't want to start living only when I've reached a magical place financially nor do I wish to "kill" myself with my career in order to get there. Like anything building a rewarding life has been a process of trial and error.

So what does a year in my retirement life look like?

I see myself spending time according to the seasons.

To be skiing, skating, tobogganing in the winter

To be breathing in fresh spring air in the woods

To be beach walking through waves in the summer

To be catching some warmth in the Mediterranean at the last of the outdoor fall markets

To be witnessing beautiful fall foliage

To be explore new places, learning new things, meeting new people

To be continuing helping people 1 to 2 days a week paid or not paid

To be visiting places where my charity dollars go

To be participating hands on with humanitarian projects around the world

No comments:

Post a Comment