Friday, January 14, 2022

Made it!



After much anticipation and a near missed connection, my luggage and I have arrived.  I actually reached the gate of my final connection after the boarding door was supposed to be closed .  Fortunately for me, boarding hadn't started. 

For this flight, I was especially anxious about the luggage after reading about the numbers of delayed luggage claims.  And of course I happen to be checking in the most luggage ever (Three hard cases plus a carry on and personal item) due to my longer stay.  

The hard cases consisted of a solid 80% non perishable food plus items that I cannot easily buy here without a car.  Bringing so much stuff wasn't part of the original plan.  Am fortunate to be able to check luggage for free and took full advantage. 

Due to emergency flood damage causing the collapse of major highways linking the lower British Columbian coast to the interior, supplies have been delayed.  There was even a fuel limit imposed.  We noticed the effects on supermarket availability so made the change to bring what we could this time around.  

The drive up was stressful as it was the first time my taxi driver had ever done the drive and it was really foggy.  Normally I would take a resort run airport shuttle with drivers that are experienced with dark twisty mountain roads but as I was the only one booked, the mode of transport got switched.  It was trial by fire for my driver as it was not an easy nor short drive.  I wished him a safe journey back down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment