Monday, April 1, 2019

Time

This year has been flying and despite having taken quite a bit of time off, the sky hasn't fallen like I had feared for so many years.  The old "why did I wait so long" thing.

Although I would by lying if I didn't admit to the thought that I am slowly committing career suicide.  But the worry of that isn't strong enough to make me change my current ways.

Basically, this is all I have left to contribute right now if I wish to really take care of things inside.

D is doing so well at his no longer new-to-him position, he accepted the offer to go full time again.  Can you believe it?! 

He loves it and it has proven to him that that mythical 37 hrs a week position where people aren't trying to kill each other all the time, does truly exist.  It is quite the comfy bubble his company exists in. 

It is providing both of us the needed time and space to recover from all the years of stress that had built up from this aspect of his life.  We're not quite there yet, but it is evolving.

2 comments:

  1. Time to reflect is always needed, and part of that reflection is always the realisation that you should have done it sooner! Quite ironic, really. But always worth it in the end. It's so important to focus on your inside 'world', it affects so much of the outside.

    Glad to hear that D is happy at his job! Great news. Long(ish) may it continue. I wish him much success.

    Good luck and best wishes to both of you as you continue forward xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the delay in replying!

    I didn't get notification of your message and also happened to have flown out the night before.

    Thank you so much for your well wishes!

    Things are starting to settle slowly but nicely. And because D and I feed off of each other energies, it is helping both of us. It's also a good test of the various foundations across the board.

    Am grateful for the luxury of time right now.

    ReplyDelete