Monday, May 28, 2018

Almost June

  • Got my hair cut for donation.  Ten inches this time around, leaving me with chin length hair.
  • The car I was considering sold 2 hours before I had a chance to test drive it.  Will put this project on the back burner for a month or two as there is just too much going on right now.
  • My blood test came back and cholesterol levels took a decent dive, so hopefully in my new MD's eyes, will prove that it is not all genetic.  Expecting another re-test in 3 - 4 months.  
  • My plan is to increase cardio training this summer.  And to start cooking more again as we have gone overboard on buying take out food and I'm already seeing an affect on my body.  A sign that life has gotten ahead of us.
  • We went up to the cottage for the long weekend and within a few hours, that same gut feeling of wanting to sell it came around, despite the capital gains thing and what looks best on paper.  
  • So it is finally going to happen.  We met with the same realtor from last year, gave her a set of keys, got the paperwork signed and it will be listed this week.  
  • D spent this past weekend up there getting it all ready.  However, he left his wallet there. We are a 3.5 hr drive away and supposed to be heading to the airport tomorrow.  
  • The new plan is for D to not work the morning so we can go pick it up before heading back down to the airport.  Will be making the best out of it by having lunch out at a favorite Vietnamese restaurant that's on the way instead of the airport.  
  • Had a casual Skype chat/interview with a volunteer agency in Palestine.  I'm feeling drawn back there to help despite feeling un-grounded right now.  I tend to take steps in many directions as feelers to discover the next path.  So no solid commitment yet.  Just possibilities.
  • That new course I've been slogging through is opening my eyes as to my emotional suitability for longer term disaster relief work.   I'm concerned that I won't be able to handle it in a healthy way and would potentially be strongly at risk for post traumatic stress disorders.  I'd still like to give it go once if I'm accepted. 
  • Needless to say, we both feel like we need a vacation.  I can't say where we are planning to be shortly will be all calm and relaxing but we are committed to not push things and do too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment