Friday, November 15, 2013

ephemera

ephemera:  what a beautiful word. 
 
also known as:  
 
the various assorted suddenly found again surprise reminders
 of places past that put a big smile on my face. 
 
How's that for a run on sentence?



Last minute decision and it turned out to be a great one. 
Otherwise not much to do in Charlottetown on a Sunday.
Not normally a fan of musicals but it won me over and blew me away.
Highly recommended. 
 
Monod Sports, Banff AB.
They send a Thank You card signed by everyone at the store with each order.
The store has a long history with supporting mountain rescue programs.


Yummy reminders of Reykjavik.
Swiss Mocha and a couple of "Laki" cookies
to enjoy on the trip back to the airport.
 
If you want to eat here (The Clam Shack), be prepared to line up in what seems to be
a perpetual line of a dozen or so people -- Moves fast and gives you time to study the menu!
Their "lunch boxes" are quite filling (to me) and their lobster roll won again this year.
Preferred the covered benches facing the water vs the picnic tables facing the line up / street.
Chatted with a lovely couple from Boston who just decided to drive out that morning for some clams.
 

2 comments:

  1. You put a big smile on my face as well when I saw the order stub from The Clam Shack. I would be embarrassed to admit how much food I have eaten there through the years...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it might... And no worries of judgement here, not from this avid seafood eater.

      Delete