Monday, April 16, 2012

So Hard

I've underestimated things yet again.

Thank you for all the comments, emails, well wishes, suggestions and requests since my last post. Even D reacted strongly when he heard of the news -- Something I was not expecting. I guess he saw what I couldn't.

When I wrote the series for Women's Money Week, it showed me how done I was with writing about work, money and debt. The reason why I started a blog. I no longer feel the need for that platform anymore.

Since I was 7, I've kept a written journal and once the books were full, they were discarded. I didn't want to risk someone finding and reading them. My pattern made it simple to do the same with this blog. Even though I've remained anonymous, I still feel oddly vulnerable.

What I didn't realize was the effect of All of You, my Readers and Commenters have had on Me. That I was also erasing and discarding Our History. And I found I was not able to do it yesterday. Getting rid of my written blabber? Easy. Getting rid of your emails, comments and valued feedback? Too difficult.

I am going to consider the idea of morphing this blog into a lifestyle and travel one. No promises as to when but I'm not erasing what I have here. You have made a lasting impression on me. Thank you in advance for your patience.