Thursday, September 2, 2010

Not For Me...

First working day of Sept for me and last working day before our Labour Day long weekend.

A colleague of mine was recently bemoaning the fact that his son insists on spending every available holiday at home instead of elsewhere. As neither D and I come from a close family, we find it hard to relate.

I cannot imagine being 45 yrs old and wanting to hang out at my parents' home for 8 weeks a year. That would not be my idea of a good time. Sure, you get your meals provided for and you do not have to pay for your room but seriously?!

Not only that, my colleague says he brings his girlfriends too and neither of them contribute to the groceries (getting or paying) nor help clean up.

My thoughts were that my colleague and his wife has enabled this behaviour from their son. If they don't speak up and lay some ground rules, than their house will continue to be an all inclusive resort for 8 weeks each year.

I still don't get it but maybe saving a buck is so important to their son that it overrides seeing any new places. I'm not sure I'd be loving it if I was his girlfriend either. To each his own, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment