Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Crunching Numbers

Number and more numbers. That's what I've been looking at lately as I am in the process of reviewing various retirement and expense spreadsheets post market fallout.

Questions I would like answers for include:
  • Can I really afford to eliminate Fridays as soon as we are debt free?
  • How much retirement savings will I have then?
  • What percentage of income will I have on a shortened work week?
  • Can I still manage to save enough so that I don't have to work "forever"?
  • Do I have a "magical" retirement number?
  • At what age will I reach that mythical number?
  • Will adding another property jeopardise current plans?
  • What am I willing to give up in order to meet my goals?
  • What is the current debt end date?

I have made so many little changes in the last 6 months, some in reaction to the markets, others from reading inspiring blogs. It's time to gather all of it and see what the whole picture looks like again.

No comments:

Post a Comment