Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What is Middle Way?

I'd like to clarify what it is I mean about Middle Way. It is an approach I have taken with respect to money and life issues. For example--full time work for me is 36 hours/week. I felt it was too much so I made it my goal to be able to work roughly half of that. Of course that took some planning and saving and frugality in order to have what I consider to be a better lifestyle, peace of mind and security all at once.

To be honest, I didn't set out with this philosophy in mind, it just seems my decisions tend to end up feeling the best in the middle. Over the years this way of approaching things has served me well. I didn't wish to pay for a mortgage for 25 years so I settled for roughly half of that and in the end beat that goal significantly. I have been able to take advantage of more opportunities because of it as I am not tied down financially for so long that I am completely worn out emotionally at then end.

No comments:

Post a Comment