Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

The month is clipping along. Hoping the roofer will be stopping by to give us a quote today. I'd like to get it done before we leave for France.

We saw The Social Network yesterday. I really liked it. It also brought back some deep desires I had for going to Harvard. Didn't realize I felt so strongly sad about not having an opportunity to go.

I remember sitting with the secretary in admissions at Radcliffe talking about requirements and application procedures. I remember studying for SATs.

Alas, my dream never did materialize and I never got the experience I longed for. I surprised myself and D with the level of disappointment that came out of me.

Something good did come out of that emotion. I started writing my submission for the novel writing month I'm participating in. I figure it is as good a place to start as any and has turned into a stream of consciousness piece.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you're going to do Nanowrimo?? Good for you! I did it once, way back in 2003 or so. Quite a challenge, fun and really shows what you can do when you put your mind to it.

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Northern Living Allowance!

    Yes, I've signed up to. I alternate between feeling crazy and determined. We'll see how it all turns out at the end of Nov.

    Good stuff to you for doing it! I used to think I didn't need a timeline for projects like this but am slowing thinking I do...at least so far it is cathartic!

    ReplyDelete